Beacon of Hope is a dream brought to fruition and Founded in 2007 by three courageous women, one of which remains at the helm as its Executive Director. This dream became a reality when Beacon of Hope’s doors opened in 2009. A survivor of domestic violence, Terry Moore, is passionate about her work leading this now five-year old Christ-centered organization. Moore stays focused on the mission of empowering victims of domestic violence to become self-sufficient by providing safety, support and education. Beacon of Hope’s vision is a world in which women and children can live free from the grip of domestic violence.
As a crisis support organization designed to assist victims of domestic violence through a myriad of client services, Beacon of Hope serves all of Central Indiana and throughout the United States. The Beacon of Hope team consists of its Executive Director, Office Manager, Director of Victim Advocacy, Victim Advocates, Lilly's Lighthouse Foster Pet Care Coordinator, Volunteers, Volunteer Program Assistants and Counselors. Beacon of Hope provides comprehensive services to domestic violence victims that include crisis intervention, court accompaniment, advocacy and outreach, assistance filing protective orders, basic needs provision, case management, counseling services, emergency hotel assistance, foster pet care assistance, employment assistance, shelter and housing referrals, teen dating abuse outreach and ongoing follow-up care.
Beacon of Hope is the exclusive domestic violence organization in Marion County that began offering direct assistance to victims while addressing pet safety. Beacon of Hope, through its Victim Advocacy, Counseling, "Teen Talk" Outreach, Law Enforcement Purple Sheet and Lilly's Lighthouse Foster Pet Care Programs offers victims of domestic violence assistance in overcoming barriers that hold them in abusive situations.
Benefiting our Indianapolis community in so many positive life changing ways – here are just five of Beacon of Hope’s long list of accomplishments.
· In only five years through its victim advocacy program, Beacon of Hope has served over 4000 women and children. The number of clients served has tripled from 2013. Judy House, Beacon of Hope’s Director of Victim Advocacy, was honored at the 2014 Judge’s Luncheon and presented with the Outstanding Victim Advocate of the Year Award.
· The organization’s “Teen Talk” Program educates teens about Domestic Violence – Dating Abuse. This program is designed to provide necessary resources for teens to make decisions leading to healthy dating relationships and as an outreach to equip teen victims of domestic abuse or those whose parents are in such relationships. Beacon of Hope further works to build a trusted support network should victims require follow-up services.
· The organization’s Lilly's Lighthouse Foster Pet Care Program is unique and is committed to supporting the needs of women and children who have been affected by violence. The Lilly's Lighthouse Foster Pet Care Program consists of volunteer host families who agree to temporarily house pets while their family is getting to safety. Victims of family violence know that an abuser will direct his/her anger at pets because they are more vulnerable and it is another method used to control the primary victim. This is a major barrier for victims to escape the violence. Domestic violence shelters accept women and children, but they do not accept pets. This program enables the whole family to get to safety and be reunited.
· The organization has formulated partnership programs with Speedway, Lawrence Township, Beech Grove and Southwest District police departments. Along with local law enforcement, Beacon of Hope victim advocates arrive in partnership ready to assist victims during domestic violence calls. This program is breaking the cycle of abuse and educates victims about all of the resources available to assist them with leaving the situation and achieving freedom from the grip of domestic violence.
· The organization is vigilant about community awareness and education efforts through events, speaking engagements, marketing communication channels and corporate trainings. Beacon of Hope actively works to educate everyone in our community about domestic violence and share the vision of a world free from its grip.
Want to support
Foster Pet Care Program?!
**you can **
By being a FOSTER PET FAMILY?!
"Sign up to receive news and updates regarding our crisis center and to stay in touch."
Thank You to our agency sponsor Greg Hubler Chevrolet!
Beacon of Hope wants you to THRIVE!